Holding a birthday party for a child is a memorable event for the birthday kid and a whole lot of planning for adults. When hosting an outdoor party at your home, it can become very overwhelming to keep large groups of kids under control. Luckily the chaos can be controlled in an orderly fashion by implementing five different strategies.
The following tips are easy to apply for any type of party and will make the planning and clean up as easy as possible.
Recyclable Plates & Utensils
Birthday parties can accumulate a lot of trash. This includes balloons, napkins, plates, and more. Instead of creating a whole sink of dishes or a boatload of trash, you can choose materials that are 100% recyclable.
- Utensils: Along with utensils that 100% recyclable, you can also find sets that are fully biodegradable. This means that forks, knives, and spoons can be added directly to a compost bin. They will naturally decompose and no waste occurs.
- Recycling Bin: Provide a large recycling bin for use during the party. With everything thrown into the bin, it will be easy to sort and recycle the items as needed.
- Extras: Consider purchasing environmentally friendly extras for the party. This includes recyclable table cloths, party hats, and cups. Some of the more durable items can even be cleaned and reused.
Portable Toilet Rental
The whole point of an outdoor party is to keep the children and guests outside. Instead of having children run in and out of your house, you can rent a portable toilet for a short amount of time. Portable toilet rentals have a number of different features to make them easy to use and a nice addition to the party.
- Running Water: Portable toilets can feature running water to wash hands and flush toilets easily. The toilets can have a water connection or a built-in tank with water filters and an extra supply.
- Multiple Stalls: There's no need to have a line of children at the bathroom when rentals can come with multiple stalls. The stalls can be separated by gender or each toilet can have it's own personal area.
- Solar Powered: Solar powered toilet rentals feature working lights and flushing toilets without raising your own electric bill. These toilets can be delivered on it's own trailer so it's easy to drop off and pick up.
Parent Volunteer Stations
Manage the party a lot easier by recruiting a few of the other parents to help run different areas of the party. For example, a parent can be assigned to snacks and drinks, another parent can help run the games, and another parent can assist with party extras like a pinata.
Using multiple parents will help you manage everything a lot easier and prevent you from running yourself too thin.
There's no need to spend days preparing meals for children when you can easily order a catered meal. There are plenty of meal ideas that can even get the children involved with preparing meals.
- Taco Bars: Set up a full taco bar where children can make their own tacos using ingredients like ground beef, tomatoes, lettuce, olives, and cheese.
- Sandwiches: A number of sandwich shops can provide finger sandwiches that make it easy for children to select and enjoy. Keeping separate ingredients like mayonnaise and mustard will help children make a sandwich they enjoy.
- Pizza: Large pizza orders are some of the easiest to serve at a party. When ordering a pizza, make sure that you consider dietary restrictions like lactose intolerance and gluten-free diets. Small pizzas with the dietary guidelines should be enough for those children.
Children can stay organized and have a ton of fun with a variety of entertainment rentals. The following rentals are great for children's parties and will give you plenty of activity ideas.
- Party Tents: Avoid problems with rain and other weather elements by renting a party tent. A tent is also a good area to host a dance floor or eating area.
- Moon Bounces: Keep children active with a variety of moon bounce designs. Single day rentals are affordable and include a number of different designs.
- Inflatable Racers: An alternative to the moon bounce, an inflatable racer features obstacles that children can race on. Giving them prizes for winning like small plastic medals can add more entertainment to the party.
Consult with your child to help plan the party. Sometimes they will have ideas that can make the party a huge hit!